A common question we get here at Turn the Page is: “Why does my business need a blog? What is the purpose?”
And the short answer is… well, there isn’t a short answer. That’s because a blog is a marketing workhorse that serves many purposes and is doing plenty of behind-the-scenes work for your business. Below are 10 ways a blog works for you – from delivering content that Google eats up like a newsflash to establishing authority in your industry, and everything in between.
- Your blog fuels SEO like an energy drink. Search engines (namely Google) love new content (and images) and will reward you for it by serving up your content to more readers. The more content you put out, the higher you will rank in search, while pushing competition further down the page.
- You don’t have to be a professional designer or have any real website building skills. Many blogging platforms like WordPress are people-friendly and don’t require advanced graphic skills.
- 60% of businesses who blog acquire more customers. Not too shabby!
- Your blog is the hub of all of your content marketing efforts. You can share blogs across any social media channel with links for your customers (new or old) to keep coming back for more.
- It gives your company a voice and establishes thought leadership in your industry. It also creates a place to talk about your new products or services and[bctt tweet=”Marketing without blogging is like Batman without Robin” username=”@turnupthesem”] weigh in on timely news topics or market trends. It’s also the place to let your brand’s personality shine and show people what you’re all about.
- A blog creates a two-way conversation with your customers, prospects and industry peers. It encourages interaction, comments and feedback. This does require taking the time to read and respond to comments – there’s likely a client prospect waiting!
- A blog keeps you focused on your content marketing strategy. You create an editorial calendar and stick to it to continuously deliver purposeful content.
- It’s a great place to share company news and press releases – making it easy to share with media outlets. Blogs can serve as landing pages for your website – links to share for specific content or a news story.
- You can tell your brand’s story. A blog is a great place to offer more insight into your company, philosophy, employees, and ideas. Tell your customers why you’re in business and how you can help them.
- Blogs can give you insight into your audience. You can track blog visits through analytics and measure what interests your customers most.
At this point in the digital media world, marketing without blogging is like Batman without Robin – you’ve got a great tool at your dispense that is waiting to get to work!
To learn more about our blogging services, call (816) 527-8371 or (844) 889-5001 today!