Bing has upgraded it local Business Listings and changed the name. It now features QR codes, custom menus for restaurants, featured deals and you can link to Facebook deals.
Bing Business Portal (In Beta)
Bing is playing catch up with Google and received a boost from its close relationship with Facebook. The Bing Business Portal has a new look and feel with great additional benefits for local business. You simply have to claim and verify your business location.
A local listing is in a directory of local businesses that are produced as results by all the major search engines when there is a search which has a localization component. It is important that local local businesses participate as local search is growing rapidly and more and more people are turning to the internet to find products and services.
By utilizing the free Business Listing opportunity provided by Bing you can improve your businesses ranking in Bing’s results pages. Ultimately this generates new business and allows you to broadcast your brand and business message.
For Local Business
The Bing Business Portal is optimized for local businesses, the local vacuum repair shop, auto repair shop and or restaurant. It is simple to claim your listing by visiting Bing and searching for your business.
Once you have found your business click on “change this business listing” and then just follow the instructions. You may find that there are already photos and reviews for your listing this is because Bing has collected the information form other sites. (probably Google!) Bing Business Portal is currently free and provides numerous opportunities to promote your business. With the Bing Business Portal you can:
- Claim, create, verify, and manage local business listings
- Identify key search categories where you want your listing to appear
- Customize listings with enhanced details such as logos, photos, and more
- Create a mobile Web site (and free QR Code) so customers can learn about your business on their mobile devices
- Create a custom menu (restaurants and bars) for inclusion on a mobile menu
- Create Deals (coupons) and promote them for free on Bing (both PC and Mobile) and Facebook
- Authorize Online Marketing Professionals to manage your listings
Don’t delay it might not stay free forever!