So we went into how to really screw up your SEO by giving your hard earned money to people who promise high rankings and then vanish after wrecking your site. Here are a few things you can do yourself to increase your presence in Search Engine Results Page (SERP) while also working with a reputable search engine optimizer.
- Do your research and find a reputable optimizer to carefully go over your site and work with you to develop and groom your site to attract traffic.
- Make your site a worthwhile visit. If you’ve ever seen a ranked page with a really promising description only to click through to the most boring, unengaging or frankly, useless, website you know that most visits stop there. Your content must be useful, informative and your site easy to navigate.
- Take the next step and encourage backlinks with your interesting, engaging and useful content. Earning legitimate backlinks (rather than buying them) will drive traffic to you and keep the Google cops from penalizing you for useless backlinks.
- Spread your content and generate interest in your company. Posting on social media sites, blogging and fresh site content will all combine to make you more and more visible.
- Don’t post stuff just to post stuff or you’ll bore the pants off anyone who comes near you and you can count your links and mentions on one hand. We’ve said it before but it bears repeating: interesting, funny, informative or instructive content will spread and all that sharing and linking brings people to your fantastic and vibrant website.
Keep in touch with your optimizer and continually go over your web traffic reports to see what’s bringing people to you and what’s not. A good SEO consultant will show you how (and if) their actions are having a positive impact. They’ll also show you how (and if) what you’re doing is working as well. Don’t expect overnight results and if an SEO promises a super short result time hide your checkbook and pretend to only speak Slovakian while you show them out. Then call Turn The Page and let a real and reputable online marketing team show you how it’s done right.