When you think of customer outreach in the age of online marketing you may be tempted to only think of social media. Facebook, Twitter or Google + allow you to engage with your customers and hopefully attract new ones. You can post photos, blogs or offer deals to generate more attention. But there may be another way to reach your customers that you’ve haven’t considered.
Email marketing is a terrific and low cost way to reach customers. In 2011 the Direct Marketing Association put the return on investment of email marketing at $40.56 for every dollar invested. That’s pretty amazing when you think about it.
Other reasons email is a fantastic marketing tool:
- Email can be targeted to a large group or a small one. For coupons or special offers a wide mailing is good for business generation. But you can reach any number of sub-groups for a more targeted outreach. That can be based on previous purchases, specific cities or even neighborhoods.
- Email marketing is quick. Rather than marketing campaigns that take weeks or months to create and deploy an email campaign can be sent within days or even hours.
- Email marketing is inexpensive. No paper, no ink, no postage but the ability to reach hundreds or thousands of people.
- Email marketing is spreadable. When was the last time you put a direct mail postcard into your purse or pocket to give to a friend? It’s just not something we think about. But forwarding an email takes seconds and can reach multiple recipients.
- Email is portable. Smartphones mean a coupon can be accessed no matter where your customer is. It beats the coupons we clip and then forget by the front door.
- Email is trackable. Most email marketing services allow you to see the results of your efforts. From how many emails were actually opened to if they were forwarded and if any internal links were clicked.
- Email marketing is current. Let’s say your company is featured in a news story, or an event can be tied into what you do. An email marketing campaign can be created and sent out while the news is still hot.
- Email marketing is green. No internet trees were harmed in the making of a campaign. No messy ink was spilled and unless you pitch your iPad into the recycling bin there’s nothing to dispose of when you’ve gotten all the great information in it. Or you can keep it around without cluttering up your hall table.
So if you’ve never tried email marketing now may be the time to dip your toes into the pool. But you don’t have to go it alone, Turn The Page can help you discover the joys of email marketing. We are a Constant Contact Business Partner and can assist you in setting up your email campaigns. Our partnership with Constant Contact allows you to have a free trial to see how well it can work for you. Give us call and see how we can create a campaign that will enhance your business and increase your bottom line.